Monday, January 21, 2008

another up-date

SO yesterday at church Chad and I were talking to my bishop (also my OB) and he said that he would like us to have the baby by Friday, hopefully Wed or Thurs (that's when hes on-call)! Because of my high blood pressure as of late and how far ahead I am measuring (and how big Lily's parents were when they were born) he wants to be on the safer side of things...and I am on his side, as well as the 'get this thing out of me side!'
Last night after church and everything I had a head ache that I just could not shake, I, Rachel Meynders even took some medicine to try and get rid of it, I know, amazing. The doc said if I ever get a head ache that doesn't go away after a few hours of taking to drugs to go to the hospital and get checked out. So that's exactly what we did last night. It was bitter sweet, cause I am healthy and all the tests came back good and Lily is doing great...so we left soon after, they were glad I came in and was safe though. So if anything doesn't happen in two days then my next apt is on Wed and hopefully...something cool will come of that, like an induction date? I know I have been saying I would rather not be induced and have her come naturally but I am just SO dang uncomfortable, yeah I have the stretch marks to prove it along will all you other moms but have your stretch marks ever split, and were bleeding? Cause that's how bad it is, and yes I have tried every trick in the book regarding preventing/stopping them. So keep us in your prayers that she will be coming sooner than later please...and no worries, I will keep everyone posted as promised.
On a completely different note.....Our apt is a smell sponge. I hate it. Yesterday we made a roast, window open(even though it was 11 outside), fans on, candles on, and then once it was done we cleaned everything real fast...Still our house is smelling SO bad of dinner last night its driving me crazy. Any advice on how to rid ourselves of this problem? I am getting to the point where I just don't wanna cook cause no matter what...we/the house and all the insides smell like dinner. This bad smell though has brought some good, I am going to be doing a major clean today to try and get rid of it, as well as get the house really clean for the first time in a LONG time. Chad has to be doing homework all day, so I am making a list of things to do: vacuum, sweep, mop, clean the bathroom, baseboards, blinds, mirrors, and tons of laundry, I'm sure I will think of more as the day goes on...I am kinda hoping this cleaning may aid in an early delivery?:)

3 comments:

Carly said...

I have had 2 friends go into labor while cleaning their tubs! Go for it!!
I tried everything in the book to prevent stretch marks too-- some day we'll have to share battle wounds because i promise mine are worse! hahaha, they are really pretty bad. I hope you go into labor soon but if you can be induced on Friday and feel good about that then go for it! Good luck!!! Cant wait to meet Lily!

Meredith said...

hey.... i'm so sorry that you're so uncomfortable.... that really sucks!! but on the upside, things are looking good for us, we sign papers today and leave raleigh!!! Yay!! only a few more days til we get to see you guys! we love you.... take care

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Tell me about it...today when we walked in our apartment it smelled like smoked turkey so bad I was gagging. Oh, and if you run out of things to clean at your apartment, you have my permission to come over to mine. You can clean our tub.:)