Sunday, June 15, 2008

we are bike people.

is it because we are getting in touch with our granola roots? helping the environment? saving gas/money? being healthy? yeah, probably. but we have been completely converted to biking. we ride our bikes everywhere now, we are trying to make driving our car not even an option (unless we are going a LONG way) like tomorrow we are riding our bikes to church: from our house in the 'wood hood' to the NW building (NW past Slater) and then out to Chads parent's casa (Grandview exit) yeah its going to be about 17 miles...long way but i am totally stoked. Lily is doing great too, she in our bike trailer and loves it so far. we went grocery shopping today too and all our food AND her fit. this change is going to require a lot more planning and scheduling during the day but its going to be really good i think. we are going to be living close to stores and school when we move to Salem so this lifestyle will continue.

Lils through the trailer mesh, she was smile'n but its kinda hard to see...

5 comments:

April said...

Wow, good for you! I can't believe it 17 miles on a bike to Church, you are way too granola for me!! Just kidding, I just think it would look a little funny with Robby and I on our bikes with our two kids and being pregnant! I think it would look like the circus came to town! haha
April

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Great job, Rach, make all of us feel lazy. I live like three miles from campus and the thought to walk there never crosses my mind...But really, that's a great idea. I'll just wait until I'm not so pregnant to try to relearn my biking skills.

Jeremy Saunders said...

There is nothing granola about this! What a great way to save money AND stay fit and strong! I am sure Lily looves it, as Aidan did when I used to push him around in a jogger all over creation! And what great family time too! Bellingham is so beautiful too!

Just don't get caught in one of those rain/lightning/thunderstorms like last monday! That was a doosy! If I weren't a cripple, I would join you!
Mimi

the jensen's said...

Props to you guys! That sounds like so much fun. I wish I wasn't so lazy...oh yeah, and maybe if I had a bike that would help...

Becca said...

I can't believe how BIG Lily is. She looks just like Chad, in case you didn't know. :) Hey, we're new to this whole blogspot thing. How do you add your friends blogs to the side?? We're excited for you guys to move. Did you find somewhere to live?? Apartment? House?