Wednesday, April 29, 2009

bread

Duck park today. I tossed the bread, Lily yelled at the ducks. I mean yelled, arched back, arms in the air, it was like she was giving commands and conducting a choir at the same time.

Whole Wheat Banana Bread:
1/3 cup veg oil (use apple sauce if you have it)
1/2 cup honey (can use less, I've done 1/4 cup and it works)
few tsp of vanilla
2 eggs
bananas (done it with 2, and with 4)
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
few shakes of cinnamon and nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup hot water
.
1) Oven= 325 F
2)Mix honey and oil. Add eggs, vanilla and banana. Add flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate small bowl/cup stir water and soda until mixed then pour in with the rest.
3) Extras: I have peeled an apple and chopped it up and put it in. Chopped almonds have been good, I bet some orange zest would be good. Dried cherries and craisins are yummy too. Hard to ruin banana bread.
4)Spray bread pan before and bake for one hour. Every time at exactly one hour its perfect, at least in my oven (not the best oven), I would start paying attention to it at about 45 minutes just to make sure you get it right.

2 comments:

Tif said...

mmmm...I think I'll make this tomorrow! Oh, and another AWESOME, and in this house required, extra to add in for banana bread is chocolate chips! Yummmm...

Brooke said...

I still need to get that apple pie recipe from you. It was so good!