Sunday, October 11, 2009

Eden Laura

Arrived 3:21 am.
9 lbs 3 oz
21.5 inches
A chunk! She latched on immediately. Currently asleep in her father's arms. She has hair! Rolly everything and huge hands and feet.
Definitely a keeper.
I feel....exhausted but so wonderful, look what I just did!

(the IV makes me swollen, please don't judge)
Basically the most amazingly wonderful birthing experience ever.
At 3 am yesterday I started having crampy back pain, and it progressively got stronger and stronger. We came to the hospital 3:30 pm, admitted at 8, epidural went in and it was heaven. At 3:15 I felt pressure. Pushed for 6 minutes and bam! Out came our chunkster, delicious baby Eden Laura. We love her and kinda cant believe she is really here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you pushed for 6 minutes!!! I thought I had it lucky with Caden when I only pushed for 40. =) I can't wait to meet her!! Congrats you guys! We love you all! We would love to come visit you guys sometime soon, so I'll call tomorrow and see what you're up for! Caden wants to meet his newest cousin!!!

A little Birdie... said...

6 minutes and a 9lb baby! Look at you go girl! We are so proud of you and excited to see more pictures! (And of course meet her when we move out to Salem for that job!) Congrats!!

Kristine said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful.
Rachel - you look great! The IV left me looking really puffy also - but luckily that went away pretty quickly once it was unhooked.
We're so happy to hear everything went so well!

Gena said...

Congrats you guys. She was so big! I can't believe it went that quick at nine pounds! You're awesome! Enjoy her!!!!! I'm excited to see/ear of her and Lily's first meeting. :)

Brooke said...

She's beautiful. I'm so glad this experience went well for you. Try to get some rest (I know, it's nearly impossible in the hospital), and enjoy every second with this little girl!

Amiee said...

Awesome!! Congratulations!! She is beautiful and you look fabulous! Glad that everything went so well. and 9 lbs?! Wow...you're amazing! :)

Carly said...

You rock Rachel!!!! What a gorgeous baby girl! When I saw last night that you were in the hospital we hurried up and said a prayer for you guys and I thought about ya all night! :) Glad to see everything went well and can't wait to see this little chunkster grow up! Congrats!!!

kaitlyn said...

congratulations! she is absolutely beautiful! i can't believe she is so big, you were so TINY. have fun with this second baby... it is an amazing roller coaster ride!

Brianne said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I love that she is named after your mom. She was born one day too early, my birthday is tomorrow. Well, I'm sure it wasn't one day early in your opinion. I'm glad everything went smoothly and hope that you are able to get some rest and that you enjoy your time with Eden!