Monday, October 19, 2009

pumpkin bread

Today Lily and I made some wonderful pumpkin bread.
Our house smells wonderful, not quite as heavenly as how Eden smells, but still yummy.
One loaf we added chocolate chips to, the other will have cream cheese frosting.
Come over if you want a slice!


  • 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
  • 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
Stir in pumpkin.
Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour or until bread tests done

6 comments:

pinelodgelabradoodles said...

Thank you for the recipe! I will cook my pumpkins up tonight and try it! Yum!
Heidi Alcorn

April said...

I made pumpkin bread today too! Our recipes look pretty similar.
I can't believe you are doing so much already! When will you be visiting Bellingham?
By the way I have never had a newborn sleep that mauch , you are one lucky momma!
April

April said...

I meant much not maunch!

Kristine said...

Yum!!
I love the smell of pumpkin bread in the oven. I might have to bake some myself. Thanks for sharing the recipe.. I've always cheated and bought the mix from Costco...
:)

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

Confession: As soon as I read this, I put some clothes on Kaden and headed to the store to buy what we needed. SO glad I did.

This is by far Kaden's favorite thing he's eaten. Last night I would give him a piece, he would go play with dad for a minute, come back into the kitchen and lift that little hand up for more. And repeat this about 8 times. I had to give in each time (don't worry, they were pretty small pieces).

A little Birdie... said...

If I wasn't off sugar till this little one comes, I'd make this RIGHT NOW. YUMMMMMMMMM!