Wednesday, October 28, 2009

snap shots

I took some mental snap shots today that I hope I never forget:

-Lily in the rear view mirror, singing, holding her feet and looking out the window.

-Eden falling asleep while nursing.

-Lily saying "no." with the exaggerated head shaking to every and any food I presented to her.

-following Lily with the stroller at the park while she ran her clumsy/flailing run that she does when she is really excited, in the crunchy leaves.

-sitting next to Lily's bed, rubbing her back, rocking back and forth holding Eden and singing primary songs until both girls were in dream land (now that's multi-tasking!). And then just sitting there soaking up the moment and my girls sweet spirits.

-and right now, my sweet little Eden, asleep on my chest.

4 comments:

Katie James said...

I completely had one of those moments today! Coleman (my almost 2-year-old) hasn't been feeling well. I was able to spend this afternoon snuggling/rocking my boy, something that doesn't happen very often anymore.
He was crabby for a while after he woke up and wanted to be left alone. When I finally realized he was quiet... it was too late! He had gone into the kitchen, grabbed a fork and a cupcake and helped himself. I had crumbs ALL over my freshly swept floor! I couldn't even get mad because I KNEW that was a moment I wanted to remember... it's funny the little things that make your heart melt. Honestly, what 2-year-old eats a cupcake with a fork? ;)

Andrea said...

You are a blessed momma. I just finally got to read about and see your little Eden. She is beautiful. Congratulations.
Also, a while back you had a post with a link to this really cool dress store....apple something? Can you please send me that link. I am needing some "cuteness."
Thanks!

Mallory Renee said...

Rach, seriously, I love your blog. It makes me so happy. There's a light to it.

Alli said...

Mental pictures are the best ones. I just wish they would stay in my mind more often.

PS: congrats on Eden. She is a complete doll. Lily must be so excited!