Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas eve-eve

Its real cold, and real foggy this eve-eve.
When I was little we would go to my great grandma's house on eve-eve night, with all the cousins that were in town and have dinner and open a present from my grandma....a book. Looking back, its such a good idea, but then I thought it was totally lame. Book-schmook grandma, where's the toys!?
Grandma Schwartz's tree was white (which I thought was waaaaaaay fancy, my mom thought was tacky) and the only time we basically were allowed in her living room was on eve-eve. Oh and she had a huge velvet square ottoman that all the kids liked to play on.

List of things to do today:
-clean the casa so its fit for celebrating
-laundry
-make approximately 500 square feet of ginger bread to make houses tomorrow night with the missionaries
-Christmas eve dinner prep cooking
-not go outside at all (its cold, foggy and my oldest has an earache)
-try to keep calm, and not do excited random phone calls to Chad every 23 minutes: "Its almost Christmas! I'm SOOOOO excited!"

3 comments:

Becca said...

oh my gosh. i can't believe you can say "my oldest" it's so weird! you've got 2 kids! merry christmas to you guys.

Jessica Kettle said...

good times. good times. but dude, we got jammies too.

p.s. still have the velvet ottoman, it rocks.

Southern Belle said...

Just so you know, "Christmas eve-eve" is called "Christmas Adam" because Adam came before Eve:) Haha, my little niece and nephew just told me that the other day, I thought it was cute:)