Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas

As I grow older I come to realize how inadequate I am. But I also learn how I can be who I want to be with Christ.

I have been reading in Luke lately, I like to do that in December. I have also have been reading quotes from HERE trying to learn more about Christ. This year I am getting a better grasp on why the whole christian world is in celebration. Why the birth of our Savior is the most important gift ever given.

This quote stuck out to me tonight:

BensonET_86-94.jpg

"The fundamental principle of our religion is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Why is it expedient that we center our confidence, our hope, and our trust in one solitary figure? Why is faith in Him so necessary to peace of mind in this life and hope in the world to come?

"Our answers to these questions determine whether we face the future with courage, hope, and optimism or with apprehension, anxiety, and pessimism.

"My message and testimony is this: Only Jesus Christ is uniquely qualified to provide that hope, that confidence, and that strength we need to overcome the world and rise above our human failings. To do so, we must place our faith in Him and live by His laws and teachings."-Ezra Taft Benson

Learning more about the Savior makes me love Christmas even more. Makes me want to celebrate more, and makes me want to teach my kids what an amazing gift we have been given.

No comments: