Tuesday, February 16, 2010

cheap-mom-tricks

One day I woke up and thought:
I didn't choose to have kids to get frustrated and tired with.
I had children to love, teach, and to have a blast with.

I do believe it is our job as mothers to have a lot of fun with our kids. Fun doesn't have to require money either. And in in all honestly...we don't have much of that (that, being money).

So I have decided to log some cheap mom tricks I have up my little sleeves and maybe we can benefit from it?

CHEAP MOM TRICK #1

Go to a pet store. And treat it like a zoo/aquarium.

If you are lucky enough to have a baby you can strap to your person, do it! Mine loves to watch her sister run like crazy, and see all the lights, colors and hear come crazy sounds.

Bird advice: if you blow on the birds in the cages, they totally freak out and fly like crazy. Verrrryy entertaining.
(learned that at the Lynden Fair growing up)

The poor kitties, locked up, one even put a paw up to the glass as if to ask for his freedom. Sorry kitty, you are just for looks. I know, I have no soul.

Doggie houses are also magical. We spent a good ten minutes on these alone.

There you have it folks, my first cheap mom trick.
Its free, its fun, its with your kids, do it.

4 comments:

Jessica Kettle said...

umm, this is genius. can't wait to see all your fun ideas... and then steal them.

Tif said...

YES! And it's even more amazing if you have a small dog to bring with you to the pet store! You'll have to join us on one of O My's field trips to Petco...or Pet Smart, not sure which one it is we go to...

kaitlyn said...

i love this idea. we are totally doing it!

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

We love doing this! We have to go to different pet stores though otherwise they get tired of my whole "Well, we want to adopt a kitten, but we're still not sure. This one's so cute can I see him?"