Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines day

A happy Valentines day indeed.
The card my valentine got me was by far the most amazing card in the world.
The kitty one on the bottom left.
I laughed so hard, he knows me too well.
And the best part about the card? it was blank inside besides the handwritten "happy valentines day! love Chad".
I love this guy.
It's staying on the fridge forever.
I wore my red bow belt, red shoes and a ruffly shirt today in honor of the valentine holiday. Made me feel, festive? I just love red. And shirts that involve ruffles.
My valentines.
With patches.
Normal.
Today was especially lovely because Chad had NO meetings at church this morning (typically he is gone from 8-5 on Sundays, yeah, I know, lame sauce), which meant he: played and played and tossed and tickled while I got to do what I love to do: cook.
I find it somewhat therapeutic I guess. Not that I need therapy, but I love being in the kitchen with a million different things cooking and just creating things with my hands. Especially when I can eat the creation. Today I made veggie enchiladas (meatless of course: beans, TONS of veggies) with green sauce, guac, pico de gallo, spanish rice and THIS:
Very good cake.
Chocolate, pink butter cream frosting, strawberries with dark chocolate melted on top. A definite success. Luckily we had friends come over and help us eat it.

Probably one of my favorite valentines days ever.
Spent it with my favorite people in the world.
Ate good food.
Hard to beat that, eh?

(PS- my birthday is soon, any one want to get me a cake stand for the big day? So I don't have to use the bottom of a 9x13? Thanks! Thank-you card is in the mail)

2 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

The cake was seriously amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Vashti said...

Those tights on Eden are SO CUTE!! I love that you post about things taht you eat. Sometimes I get in a rut and I love to get inspired about new things to cook! Oh no, now I'm getting hungry!