Wednesday, March 31, 2010

wednesday's Cookie

Well, "Wednesday's Cookie" is about to change.
Chad and I are watching our caloric intake, pretty hard-core like, cookies are kinda a lot of calories, so probably need to do something else?

I will try and come up with a new treat/snack each week, just low calorie...sorry if that is boring. I'll try to dream up some tasty stuff k? I will miss cookies though, cause honestly, we made some good cookies didnt we? I really liked making up the recipes too.

Anywho, its Chad's big day today and unlike me, he insisted on staying in his caloric limit (I say, "its your birthday! party! bring on the cake!")

So for his treat I made:
strawberry-short-cup-cakes
Photobucket
  • use the fat free angel food cake mix, and simply make it into cup cakes.(ps it sticks to the pan like yatch, fyi)
  • make the fat free, sugar free vanilla pudding mix
  • cut up one cup fresh strawberries
glob on the pudd'n, lay some strawberries down, and sandwich them together!

Wallah, a strawberry short cup cake.

Hazzzahhh for low calories!

4 comments:

Tif said...

NOW I know why we got so many chocolate cupcakes with yummy frosting on them-you didn't want them in your house! lol

That looks delicious!

Thanks again for the food, Rach. And tell Chad Happy Birthday from me!

The Jensen Family said...

Happy Birthday Chad! Hope you have a great day.
THough I am sad we are losing Cookie Wednesdays, I am looking forward to what low cal yummy recipes you create.

Mallory Renee said...

Oo. I have a Wednesday treat suggestion. FRUIT PIZZA! Mmm.

Vashti said...

I've been doing the low calorie thing since Christmas and it has really worked wonders for me! You may already know about it, but sparkpeople.com (free website) has a nutrition tracker and goal tracker to help keep you focused. I LOVE IT! The database of foods in it is awesome and it has made tracking my calories so easy and fun. Just thought I'd share ;)