Wednesday, April 7, 2010

hummus among us

Remember how I said Wednesday's Cookie is now a Wednesday's Snack?
Well, here you go!

Some people claim they do not like hummus.
Probably cause they have only had store bought kind.
Trust in me, as Kaa* would say, and make this, and love this.

Use it as a dip for veggies, crackers...whatevs. eat by the spoonful.Or a spread, like, on a "yeah-mitch" (sandwich).

So, so, so obnoxiously easy:

go team hummus!
Dump into your food processor:

  • two cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 3 tbsp Tahini (sesame paste)
  • 3 tsp minced garlic (I like mine garlicy, so use your garlic discretion)
  • 2 to 3 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
  • salt to taste

All these measurements are estimates, add or subtract how you like, basically this is hard to mess up.

Go hummus go!


*you know, the snake off of the Jungle Book...

2 comments:

Vashti said...

I love me a good hummus!! So tastey, and I'm a garlic freak so for me it is perfection!

Becca said...

Hummus is the best, Rach. Great first post after after saying good-bye to cookie wednesdays. Just a suggestion-mix some pine nuts in. It is divine.