Saturday, June 26, 2010

capitol love

The other day, I was sitting looking out
my window and got to thinking.
I really have no clue how long I have here in Salem Oregon.
We could move in ten days, months, years....who knows?
I have really learned to love this capitol city of mine. How can I make it happier, to show my love? I have no money to share, and I cant go make fresh hummus or baking cakes for everyone...then THIS idea popped in my head.
Done.
Photobucket
I contacted our go-to-adventure-buddies and off we were. Two piles of little notes and 5 babies in tow.
Photobucket
They read things like: "You are lovely", "have a splendid weekend", "You are a very talented dancer","remember how wonderful you truly are", "You are loved", "You're as yummy as a cheesecake" and stuff like that.
Photobucket
We walked down town and placed them through out.
Photobucket
The three bucketeers.
Photobucket
Lily pointed at this guy and yelled "thats a big ouchy!" (knee brace)
Photobucket
And then 3-2-1 blast off!
The babies started melting and we made the sweaty walk back home.
Photobucket
Dear Salem,
I do love you. I hope we made you a little happier today.
Love,
me.

4 comments:

tvmom said...

super fun! great idea!

Amiee said...

What an amazing and cute idea!! I totally love it! I just may have to try that one day.

Miriam Lusk said...

Oh my goodness! Could you be any more adorable?

Emily said...

I was just remembering the other day how much I miss my Salem.....