Thursday, June 17, 2010

thumbs up for life

So here I am again,
at Chad's 'rent's place.
we're house hopping.
(We really will come home to our bungalow, we just are finding too many excuses to stay here)
lately I have been reflecting on life.
On how really, it all comes down to choices.
We choose to be happy, we choose to be sad, we choose everything.
Isn't agency a beautiful gift, my friends?

We are currently in a situation,
lets be honest,
an unemployment situation.

When Chad came home about 2 months ago quietly saying his last day at work is shockingly closer than we had planned, we took a deep breath, and we smiled.
We decided right then and there that stressing and worrying will not get us a job faster.
Faith, action and just plain hard work does.
We are happy. I have no stressful cloud over me, and neither does Chad. When one of us gets a little doubtful, we talk about it, we pray about it, we buoy each other up.
We can do anything, my love and I.

We KNOW we are in the Lord's hands.
I know he will provide a way,
let me re-phrase that,not A way,
but the BEST way.

So what are we doing? We are enjoying this small window of time where we have each other and not much else. We want to look back on this time and smile, have no regrets of wasting time on worrying, cause it really is a waste don't you think?

So here we are, holding on to each other, our babies, and our faith into the unknown and we are loving it.

life is a journey.

6 comments:

Haley said...

I am up much too late...but I'm sooooo glad I read this post :) Your optimism is exhilerating rach! We'll have you guys in our prayers :)

Erin_C said...

thanks. i needed that post. you're my hero today ;)

Rachel said...

Thank you for that post. Trust me after many a meltdowns I come to realize that too. Except in my life I tend to go right back to a meltdown. I blame the prego hormones!

Jeremy Saunders said...

can i just say, i loved seeing chad in his jeans and flipflops at church? love your testimonies. you guys are awesome.
mimi

Megan Marie said...

love this. so happy. :)

Celeste said...

Stumbled upon this after commenting on your travel plans. This is exactly what Matt & I needed to read tonight. He says thank you. And so do I. Bless your hearts.