Monday, June 28, 2010

What dads do:

Change diapers,
feed babies,
teach their children silly phrases,
<span class=
involve their kids in what they do, even when it slows them down
play with their babies,
make their kids laugh,
give baths,
brush their kid's teeth,
play "imgunnagetchu" until he is sweaty,
<span class=
rock and sing babies to sleep,
do their daughter's hair,
draw kitties and helicopters,
cook for their family,
rock their toddler back to sleep after a bad dream,
can completely handle a blow-out situation

Chad does all these.
Not because I ask, but because he knows it's his role as a father.
He takes his job seriously, but isn't serious...make sense?

I have a couple thoughts when it comes to fatherhood:
  1. the phase "hands-on-dad"? No. Its either you are a dad, or you are not doing your job.
  2. dads never "baby sit" their own children. Period.

I dont really know why I am blogging about this. I guess its just been on my mind after a few discussions and experiences with multiple people lately. After each discussion I thank Heavenly Father for Chad and how stink'n hard he works at doing pony tails.

So thanks to all those dads out there doing their job.
The world needs you and you make it a better place.

7 comments:

Tif said...

One of my biggest pet peeves is hearing a husband-or a wife!-use the phrase "babysit" when in reference to the other parent. NOT COOL! I cannot imagine having children with a man that wasn't planning on parenting their children!

Awesome dads are the best!

Vashti said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! Just so right on the money. I have also heard of gals trying to get their hubby's to "babysit" their kids and it always makes me go "what!?! are you kidding me?".
Thanks for blogging what you feel!

Carly said...

awwww so sweet! thankful, too, to have married a REAL DAD! :)

April said...

LOVE this and agree completey! Good job Chad!!
April

kaitlyn said...

amen sista!

Janice said...

love this post! you 2(4) are great:)

Megan Marie said...

you are sooooo right.