Saturday, September 18, 2010

butterfly

Just now, I sat on the couch, nursing Eden,
with my mind spinning.
Ever been like that?

We sold everything.
We moved across the country,
away from all familiarity.

We are literally thinking of any and all options we can to make it work.
I sat there with tears in my eyes, wanting answers.
Wanting it to all make sense RIGHT NOW.
I looked out the window with kind of blurry eyes, and watched a butterfly flutter down and land on a leaf nearest to me. It looked almost like it was watching me, flapping its wings real slow.
It stayed there for a minute or two and then fluttered up and away.

It may have been just a butterfly landing on a leaf.
But to me, it seemed more.
It seemed like a little reminder that Heavenly Father is aware. Aware of me nursing my baby on our red couch looking out the window. I felt peace, and once again, I know everything is going to work out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't you just love little signs liek this?! Hang in there you know everythign will be all right:-)