Lily: "Mommy, (deep inhale) I'm so happy."
Me: "Really? Oh that makes me so happy, that you're so happy."
Lily: "I'm so miraful (beautiful)."
Me: "You are sooooo beautiful Lily. You are the most beautiful."
Lily: "You're miraful too mommy."
Hugs all around.
Lily got me thinking this morning after our conversation.
How am I beautiful? I started making a mental list of all things that make me feel beautiful.
- going on dates with Chad, and knowing he adores me
- treating my body with respect (eating right, exercising, enough sleep...)
- feeling spiritual promptings
- the fact that I can, and have produced life
- wearing something that compliments who I am
- accomplishing goals
I ran through my list, and realized, what makes me feel beautiful, are the same things that make me happy.
happiness = beauty
Have you met an ugly, genuinely happy person? Nope.
this realization was good for me. I don't need that striped skirt that I want to be beautiful, I don't need to be a certain size to be beautiful. I know how to be beautiful, because I know how to be happy.
What makes you feel beautiful?