Saturday, April 9, 2011

so good

Today was a day I kept thinking: "we're going to look back on this stage of life and think: we had it SO good!".
I love simple days with my family.
It was warm and sunny, we got to spend time with some of our best friends before they headed back home, we all took a nap, then slowly made our way to the farmer's market, and got some delish ingredients for dinner.
We came home and started chopping tomatoes, onion, cilantro, limes, romaine, cooking shrimp and rice (Oh, it was good) all while listening to the thunder and rain outside.
Lily and Eden "helped" me get dinner made.
We all sat at the table as a family (something we are trying hard at) and ate until we almost burst.
Now the girls are asleep. I got some sewing in, Chad got some work done.
I love these type of days.
We really do have it so good, and I never want to forget that.

3 comments:

Carly said...

that sounds awesome!
i wish our family had more FAMILY time. we need to slooowwww down.

Diana Smith said...

What a great evening to spend with your family!! These are the moments that make life worth while!

k said...

It sounds lovely and picturesque to me :)