I often am being asked: "how are you doing, going crazy yet?"
Meaning, adjusting to three can be insane.
And my answer?: It's going great!
I used to think it's because I have learned from my first two babies to have very low expectations, in everything, for the first couple months of post partumdum.
But after talking to my friend yesterday (ps-thank you friend for letting me invite myself over and wear my slippers and stretch pants a 3 PM) I have changed my wording. I don't have low expectations, I have realistic expectations. Meaning:
- I do shower daily, but it just might not be until mid evening that it's done.
- The house, does not need to be constantly picked up.
- Laundry will pile up.
- The girls will wear their dress-ups in public daily. And when we are home, they probably will be undie/diaper only type of girls.
- We will watch a LOT of Dora, Swan Princess and Angelina Ballerina (WARNING: too much Angelina will cause you to contemplate suicide, that theme song is lethal).
- Dinner won't be made for Chad when he gets home.
- My clothes wont fit for a while.
I've also have learned to accept help, and to ask for it. I ask to get out of the house and go to friend's places. I ask Chad to do a lot (thanks, love!). People ask to help around the house, or to take my girls, the answer: YES!
So, if you are wondering, how I am doing? I am doing great. I am extremely happy with my current state of life, actually. My house is a mess (as pictured above), Eden is almost naked (as pictured above), and laundry is piling up. BUT I am not stressed, I am getting rest, my girls are happy, Maggie is my dream baby and Chad is doing great...probably because he doesn't have to deal with a stressed out wife.