Tuesday, December 27, 2011

girls.

Common phrases/words heard in our house:
"Magical!" 
"Beautiful!" "
PRINCESSSSSS!!!!!" 
"Ballerina!" 
"*gasp*What ever shall we do???"
 "Come on, lets dance!"
 "Mommy can you make me Uhpunzle hair?( blankie tied to their heads)" 
"Mother, can you help find my dress up, mother." 
There is also a lot of fake, damsle in distress type crying going on until someone "saves" them.
It's pretty funny, they haven't even seen many princess movies, Lily and Eden have only seen Rapunzle, Sleeping Beauty and Little Mermaid. Yet, somehow they know ALL the princess's names. I swear its just born into them or something.

We definitely have ALL girls.
I love it.
And I love Eden's dipe poking out of her leotard, and Lily's boy short undies+leotard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading the book entitled "Cinderella Ate my Daughter". This post made me think that you might find it interesting. I know your girls like climbing and bugs and rocks and things, which is good, but the princess culture can be really scary. It can lead to self esteem issues, early interest in personal appearance (including make-up wearing), early exploration of sexuality, and unrealistic expectations about life. I know that you and your husband are firmly rooted in your faith and I'm sure your girls will have a strong religious upbringing, however children can remember and twist things in funny ways in their heads, just something to think about I guess.