So some things that I have been thinking about, rather random, and in no order of consequence:
- We are always told to cherish these times we have as parents when our babies are so small and sweet. I TOTALLY GET IT. But is them growing up so bad? I mean, does it really suck so bad to have a 10, 12, and 14 year old (thats us in 10 years)? I really hope not. I am enjoying my kids today, they are so sweet, and there is something so special about having a newborn in the house. Totally understand that. I just hope when my kids get older, I can cherish my times with them just the same, but differently. And when that day comes, when they are all out of the house, I hope I can cherish that sweet time with just Chad and I...make sense?
- I never stop wanting. And I don't think I ever will. I want new paint sets, I want a new table, I want 70's bell bottoms, I want I want I want. I catch myself thinking that stupid thought: "once I have ______ I will be set" NOPE. I tend to find things I want often. Don't get me wrong, I don't obsess over this kinda thing, cause thats a recipe for disaster. I just am really aware of this now, being on a very organized budget and what not (but when has my budget ever been big, right?).
- I love having friends. I love friends that just stop by (shout out to Jill!) and friends I can hang out with in my yoga pants and let our kids run around like crazies together. I love friends who like to 'do lunch'. I love friends who plan girls nights and trips, I love friends who I can ask: "how do you handle your two year old that hits/pushes/yells" and know they wont judge me. I love friends I can talk about deep stuff and very shallow stuff all in the same convo. I just love having friends. I need them. And I am so grateful I have them. And I hope I can be a good one.
- When I get a new table, I am painting it yellow. And I will paint at least one chair gold.
- So my best college friend Joy, she lives like a few miles from me. And now my other best friend from college (we were a trio) is now moving here too. My mind can not wrap around this awesomeness.
- Celeste, if you read this, I day dream about our surfing trip.