Monday, June 11, 2012

being a mom this morning.

"today is a hard day." I text Chad in tears about half hour ago
Maggie has wanted to be held ALL morning. Like, gives the ultimate freak-out if I set her down, let alone sat down while holding her. 

I'm still really tired from a non-stop weekend, like, if I sit here too long I will fall asleep sitting up.

Lily and Eden have been wanting to play with me all morning, handing me mermaids, ponies, barbies, and any toy in sight, like if they found the perfect toy I would be convinced to drop everything going on and just play.
"Give me a few minutes girls, I will, just hold on." I said about every five minutes.
I wanted to play, really, but Maggie was freaking out and I couldn't put her down. Have you ever held her? she's no feather weight, my back and arms were aching. The laundry needed to be switched, the dishes put away, let a lone a disaster of a guest/Maggie's room that needs some serious TLC. Oh and I needed to eat still...it's almost noon.

Things are a lot better now. Maggie is asleep, I have "my little ponies" on the tv and I can just sit here and breathe for a little bit.

I love being a mom, but sometimes its so dang hard.

And I know, I know, the laundry can wait, the dishes can too. 
But at the same time, how long can you just hang out in a messy house?

2 comments:

Bonnie and Tyler said...

I feel you. Jake has been going through this same stage. I can't imagine it with 3 kids...

Brooke said...

Joey has slept through the night for over a week now. He's 22-months old. This is the first time it's happened. I told my mom that since he started sleeping through the night, I like him a whole lot more. Sounds horrible, I know, but it's true. My affection for him has grown exponentially in the past week. Sleep is vital to mommies.