Sunday, June 3, 2012

stupid good strawberry lemonade

Um, so we bought 24 lbs of strawberries yesterday.
What?
We are smoothie people, and they were .99/lb and...we just couldn't pass it up.
So with all the extra strawberries on hand, I decided to make a little strawberry lemonade, why not? Well, the strawberry lemonade gods smiled upon me today, cause it was stupid good.
Whatcha need:
1 big cereal bowl full of strawberries...so maybe like, two cups? No idea.
1 cup lemon juice (fresh would obviously be better...but I used the regular from-a-bottle kind)
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 to 2 tsp coconut extract
4-7 cups cold water (to your liking, I did five)

How ya do it:
In your blender: toss the strawberries in and puree them, I don't like big chunks, so I made sure that there were NONE.
In a sauce pan combine your sugar and 1 cup water and heat+stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Congrats! You just made simple syrup!
Pour your simple syrup into the blender with the rest of your ingredients.
Blend so its all mixed.
Pour it over a bunch of ice and enjoy and then die a happy person because your life is now fulfilled.  

(If I had used real lemons, I would have grated some zest into this as well, next time Gadget!)

No comments: