So, I wasnt kidding.
I ditched my smart phone. I seriously feel like I am in college again texting my boyfriend late at night or something. I keep laughing at it, not out of disgust but just cause its funny to me for some reason! It's only been 24 hrs but I must say, I love it. It is almost embarrassing how I would just check my phone whenever I had a moment of down time. WHAT A WASTE.
Each year I get into New Years a little more. Maybe because I love setting goals?
ANYWAY. Here are mine, my goals, some big some not-so-big:
- Be more present: ditch the smart phone! CHECK.
- Read: Anne of Green Gables (I never have, and it apparently is a must)
- Go blonde. For real, I have ALWAYS wanted to. Why not now? *gulp* I want to grow my hair out too...but still not completely sold on that idea just yet.
Get back to my athlete-self.I dont like comparing myself to the past. I want to find my NEW athlete-me. This third baby has taking me forever to "bounce back", throw in a move and miscarriage on top of that and I am just *physically* not where I am comfortable.
- Host at least one magical, creative dinner party
- Get away for more than one night with Chad
- Lose my filter. Well, maybe not totally lose. But I filter what I say too much (in my opinion, and Chad agrees). I want to be more bold and say exactly what I think.
- Focus on planning. Meals, work-outs, activities, just everything. I thrive on structure. I want to get THIS planner so bad it hurts. Need to start saving and just do it! My friend showed me hers and it blew my mind, its laid out how my brain thinks! And I am the girl that has to physically write stuff down, not type.
- Execute. I have a lot of good ideas and I let them simmer....and then they fade. NO more. I just need to jump and DO IT.
And there you have it.
2014 is going to be awesome.