so apparently I have been tagged, which I guess that means I share things about myself that no one really knows about me...I'll try to think of of few... here goes:
1. I am published. When I was nine I drew a picture of my idol Mia Hamm (for those weirdos who don't know who she is, the best female soccer player of all time basically) and sent it into Sports Illustrated randomly, my mom probably thought I was crazy and they published it! So along with football stats and scantily clad women there was a pic of Mia Hamm some nerdy 9 year old drew:) random? Also when I was 17 spoke in stake conference (big local church meeting) and then I submitted a part of my talk to the New Era (LDS mag) and they published it too...
2. I am a closet artist. I absolutely LOVE art, I could spend 24 hrs in the SAM (Seattle Art Museum) my favorite memory of Chicago is the Chicago art museum.I love to paint, when I was a senior in high school I took a water color class and I painted a pic of a old brick window with a flower pot, and my teacher submitted it to a local contest and is/was shown in the Bellingham art museum. I really wanted to go to art school in Seattle but it was too pricey and BYUI is great.
3.I break records. My frosh year of high school during the day I randomly went to visit my friend who was taking a weight lifting class and saw it was 'challenge day' which means try and break your PR or school record. My friend was doing the 'trap bar' (circular metal thing with weights stick'n out the sides, ya stand in the circle and lift up, simular to squats) I had never seen a trap bar or really lifted weights and during my friend's down time I had the coach show me how to lift properly and they started me out at 150 lbs (30 lbs heavier than me at the time) and then I ended up lifting a total of 260 lbs and broke a school record. Thank you soccer legs:)
4. Like my cousin, I have a freakishly good memory. I remember everyone, what they said and how they said it. I remember what I ate on a date 3 years ago, what I was wearing along with my date. My very first college class was BIO 100 and I sat next to a guy name John, his wife's name is Mary and they had a 1 yr old...he never told me this, I over heard a convo he had with the prof...I totally remember weird details from elementary school, how at Lake Hills the best recess day EVER was when the play ground would get new piles of saw dust and there would be mountains to climb and slivers to get the whole recess, or when it when it would get below freezing and inside the tires there would be ice, and we would go 'ice-hunting'. I also remember stories told by my parents and others...'white poo' Jessica?... Pretty fun, but for some reason this really good memory vanishes when it comes to school work...
5. I laugh/smile when inappropriate. like a few weeks ago, Chad and I had a serious discussion, I say discussion cause we really don't fight, I guess it was an argument, and in the middle of him trying to get his point across I couldn't fight back my smile and started giggling and was like "I'm sorry but we are just really good at communicating" cause we actually really are and at the time we were both getting our points across and trying to solve a problem...I start laughing...randomly. Like I said I smile at bad times too....I used to work for the local FD here and saw a lot of sad sad sad stuff, and one run I went on, there was a lady in the back of the ambulance with me and the other medic, she was dying, it was too early for her to go, she was young, it was VERY sad but I just just started beaming...I mean the family was freaking out in there, the other medic was swearing trying to get the right drugs in and I'm doing chest compressions and trying to get an IV in, just smiling away...not good.
6. I am a medication freak. Even with all the health classes I have taken/am taking and the Paramedic degree I have, I have to be seriously on my death bed in pain, or Chad has to get mad at me for me to even take aspirin.(it drives Chad crazy) I just have this weird thing about taking drugs, I know they work, they bless many lives but I want the least amount of un-natural chemicals in my body as possible. I am even debating my epidural (I say this now, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting one)
So there ya go, the weird things that no one knows about me:) So now I get to tag others?
I tag Heather, Joy, Mers and Jessica (my sis)