Wednesday, October 8, 2008

....when will you realize Vienna waits for you?

(May look like chocolate,(she wishes) but definitely prunes. Her plumbing is a little backed up)
Have you ever listened to those lyrics? 'Vienna' by Billy Joel. Just beautiful, I was listening to them today and it made me wanna hold Lily and not let her grow up.
"Slow down you crazy child,
You're so ambitious for a juvenile
But then if you're so smart tell me why are you still so afraid?
Where's the fire, what's the hurry about?
You better cool it off before you burn it out
You got so much to do and only
So many hours in a day"
I remember my mom calling her old roomies from college and talking about their kids and laughing and today I realized I do that! That means in a flash Lily will be a big kid, in college making life long friends that she will call and they will laugh about their kids. Got to live this life thing up. I have a feeling its going to go fast! More hugs, more kisses, more loves and more laughs please.
Oh and more bites of Lily's thighs and toes too.

3 comments:

April said...

Yes, you are so right! They grow up way too fast. It's not fair but it does help to keep you remembering to cherish every moment. She is such a little cutie, bring her by so I can chew on those cute chubby thighs too!
April

Melissa said...

just something I heard.. When Emily was younger she was really constipated and the doctor said that prune juice worked but prune baby food doesn't.. So if the food doesn't unconstipate her.. Try actual prune juice :-)

Sarah said...

Yep, they grow so fast! I can't even tell you how many times I have heard that throughout my life. When I heard the comment when was younger, I would think, "You're just old." But it's TRUE! (Maybe that means I'm old!)