Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Aurelia.

Aurelia Spencer Robinson (click her name for the hyperlink) is my ancestor. She crossed the plains with no parents and with (I think about 9?) younger siblings. She knew the early leaders of our church well and actually has journal entries talking about them. She also, when she got settled out west, fought for women's right to vote. I am dedicating today to the strong line of women we have in my family. Have you met the women in my family (blood or not!)? We are feisty, and don't take crap, like not being allowed to vote.


We are going to dedicate today by:
-VOTING!(you need to too!)
-wearing my lovely skirt I found at Good Will (LOVE IT), which contains red,white and blue in it
-accessorising with my chunky red necklace cause it reminds me of my mom
-adorning my feet with my very worn red flats (honestly, who doesn't love red shoes?)
-Lily and I are going to be making Aunt Becky's salsa today (Thanks Bec for the recipe!)

-listening to Janice Joplan while making salsa, and sing the words, cause I know them
- finishing my other skirt today

-praying for Proposition 8 to pass
-continue working on my quilt
-proudly be a full time mother and wife and not feeling inferior to those who aren't.

5 comments:

April said...

AMEN to all of that!!!

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

You don't have a career?? Then why they heck do you get up earlier than everyone and go to bed last? Why are you busy ALL THE TIME doing things your boss (a.k.a. Lily) makes you do? Sounds like you should be made CEO in your non-existing career.

And why am I the skank in this whole Paris and Nicole business? Oh well, at least I'm rich. Have you seen the lamo show Paris' New Best Friend?

Jessica Kettle said...

rock on my fellow aurelia-ite. this was a great post. it made me feel proud. awww.

Krista & Tyler said...

so how do you feel? with the results that is...just email me :)

lilbebedoll19@gmail.com

Sheena said...

You go girl!