Sunday, November 16, 2008

silver falls.

Yesterday we went to Silver Falls. Its about 20 miles from our house. Its SO beautiful! Our friend Chris came with us and we walked around and BEHIND the falls. I felt like Maid Marien and Chad was Robin Hood....and Lily was the cute bunny with the stuffed animal bunny (Disney version, people) and Chad should have stuck a flower between my fingers and a fire fly could have landed in it.....oh magical.
Here's our little hiker:) She had fun, as long as we were moving.
the falls are 177 ft tall. It was just amazing, it shot water up and there was SO much mist at the bottom that we were soaked when we came back up (definitely a place to go back to this summer) and my hair was completely curly.


looking back at the trial behind the falls.

Us. The flash was on and Chris couldn't get it figured out...next time. You get the idea right?
The mist took over on the way back up the trail...isn't this tree soo cool?
Apparently there are like 12 different falls, so next time we will have to do some more exploring. Wanna come?

the end.

3 comments:

Tif said...

Love the falls! Keira and I have explored all over with her on my back before!

We're so in on a trip up there next summer. There's like a 12 mile trail from North to South falls where I think you can hit all of them!

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

we love this place!!!

Holly said...

oooo! Makes me miss Oregon so bad! I already have so many things planned for when I visit and p.s. you're included in all of those plans so be ready! Miss you cuz