Saturday, November 15, 2008

words to live by.

"When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives. Our love of the Lord will govern the claims for our affection, the demands on our time, then interests we pursue, and the order of our priorities."
-Ezra Taft Benson
*
**
*
I have testimony of this principle.
A lot of people thought we were crazy and that we would fail getting married so young and quick. I am glad we listened to the Lord and not to people. We both knew we wanted it, and so did the Lord. I have to say we have a awesome marriage and an extremely blessed one. Our love grows more and more each day. Each day we realized how imperfect we are but how perfect we are for eachother.
About a year later we both prayed about it and felt that it was time to have a child (Lily). We had no idea how it would work. We were insaindly busy (school, work, church, sports). We had plans of internships across the country and an advanced degree for me. Never mind the fact that we are beyond poor college students. All along though the Lord kept wispering to us that it will all work out.
Lily was born a month after I graudated (timing could not have been better). Can you imagine the world with out Lily? We definitely can not. I can not imagine how we lived with out her really.We are still beyond poor college kids but we are so happy, we have no fear cause we know the Lord will forever be there to guide us, as long as we ask.

3 comments:

Krista & Tyler said...

"There is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding."
'Although spiritual truths may appear less tangible, to the human heart their impact is undeniable. It is important to understand that natural laws were not determined on the basis of popularity. They were established and rest on the rock of reality.'
-Elder Kenneth Johnson, April 2008
I remember when you guys finally talked about getting married...after what, a few weeks of dating? I was standing in the kitchen, my refrigerator door open, you leaning on it, and I remember being shocked that I didn't freak out-I was so calm. I was overcome with such happiness for you. We had just started becoming such good friends, talking about the struggles that we had in common, etc, and here you were-finding someone to complete you. I was sooo overcome with gratefulness and thankfulness-and of course the happiness you have for your girl when the best thing ever is about to happen to her. Of course, I adored Chad and his kindness to everyone around him-and i LOVED watching you two together. I've never been able to look at another box of Lucky Charms the same again.
I love you two. Keep blazing this trail of faith throughout the trials of time, and maybe someday we'll all catch up with you :) I always wanted to start out extremely poor when I got married-I think we all got my wish...lol I love how close it brings us all together. Besides, I had the best date of my life last night-absolutely free. Gotta love it.

Sarah said...

I love that quote. I hadn't heard it in a long time. Thanks for the reminder! :)

April said...

Rachel, I love that quote and I'm going to steal your idea an d put it on my blog!!
I too have a testimony of this principle. It's a wonderful thing to see a change in your own life. Things that were once important suddenly aren't so important when you let Gods plans for your life become yours too!
Thanks for being such a great example of this and woman of virture and faith!
April