Tuesday, November 10, 2009

morning

Call me crazy, but my favorite time of day is the morning, for some, its a pretty early morning.
Our house is up and about by 6am (lately is been 5)....everyday....no matter what time a certain little girl goes to bed.

Chad will make us ladies a blueberry-strawberry-apple-tofu-spinach-banana smoothie and then we (the parents) get our running stuff on.

Lily climbs in our bed and pretends to go 'nigh nigh' and demands Eden to join, and they will cuddle, sometimes daddy joins in. Probably one of my favorite things to see.
We load up the gang:
fishies. check
juice. check
fruit snacks.check
toy cars. check
bundled babies.check
bink.check
Then we come home, and Chad starts to study.
Gets some help from the ladies.
Sometimes Chad will make omelets, but today it was my turn for making steal cut oats. The trick is to add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla and hazelnut coffee creamer (adds more flavor with out adding a ton of sugar) while its cooking along with flax and bran. Then when its done, add some milk, little bit of brown sugar and apples=Rachel's apple pie oatmeal!
I love mornings.

3 comments:

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

That apple pie oatmeal sounds delightful! Could I have the recipe? Glas you're able to go running again :-)

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

I love mornings too! I don't like getting out of bed but once I'm awake, it's the best time of the day. We either go to the gym or go for a jog after breakfast and I get SO much accomplished.

Janice said...

mmmm...looks delicious!