Monday, November 23, 2009

you and me

On Saturday morning the house was completely quiet, and I laid in bed with Chad and Lily next to me all cuddled together, sound asleep, Eden was snoring her new born snore in my arms and the song You and Me by Dave Matthews was playing in my head.

{Chad and Lily, Pacific City OR}
Have you ever heard it? Did you listen to the lyrics?
I think its beautiful song.
I actually get choked up every time I hear it.

snap shots of our life together run though my head with the lyrics,

-looking at him across the alter, both of us smiling SO big I thought my cheeks might pop
-sitting on the kitchen floor late at night, laughing
-our first (death trap of an apartment) apartment on College Ave above the bridal shop
-hugging me during labor
-cooking together
-crying together
-holding me tight as we walked on the frozen campus of BYUI so I wouldn't slip 9 months pregnant
-graduating college
-reading Rauld Daul books
-running with leaves, rain, snow and sun shine falling on us

and laying in bed snuggled up with our two daughters knowing we really can do anything together.


{listen to it HERE, lyrics HERE}

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a beautiful post. Thanks for the link, I'd never heard that song.
Hope you enjoyed the pumpkin curry!