Sunday, February 7, 2010

my conversation last night

Holy carpe diem.

Seriously people? That many of you read this little blog of mine?

I really got more comments and emails than expected, to say the least.
So many of you said the sweetest things, really made me feel all special inside.
Who knew that blogging about blocks and tampons can be entertaining?

After seeing all the response I kind of took a step back and really thought about this whole thing.

last night:

Me: should I really go private?
Chad: what do you think?
Me: I think I maybe shouldn't? I don't want people to think I am a loser, but maybe this is my way of making the world a better place. Insignificant as it may be. Does that sound dumb? I mean, maybe there is another mom out there that wants to relate to someone, or something kind of corny like that?
Chad: No, I get what you're saying. Maybe you should talk to Jess?

{Jess, my cousin, I often talk her for advice on style/thrifting/silly/real matters}

I texted/emailed her, but alas, she was shooting a wedding.Figures.

So long story short. Chad and I talked about it some more and for now, I am not going to go private.

Please don't judge, I mean, I guess I don't care if you do.
But know that this attempt to go private was NOT a validation quest.
Really, I'm not that crazy.

So here's to making the world happier, one post at a time:)


ps- we went on a real fun double date last night. We all talked loud, laughed a lot and ate a lot too. If you haven't done that in a while, I recommend to do so. Also, I recommend eating lots and lots of Red Robin steak fries.


7 comments:

Holly said...

Yay! I'm so happy--I just don't do as good of a job reading private blogs on a regular basis. Rachel, I judge you to be awesome. Love reading your blog!

Vashti said...

I would have read either way, but I'm glad you aren't going private. I know reading this blog is sometimes (a lot of times) the highlight of my day, and I'm sure other people say the same thing. Thanks for making me laugh and keeping me feeling sane!

Erin_C said...

I'm glad youre not going private too;-) I would have kept reading anyway, but I'm not very good and keeping up with private blogs.

though i probably have a fraction of the number of readers you do' i have the same philosophy. if anyone can be entertained or relate to anything I say, thats another tiny way I can contribute to "the world" (haha) as a SAHM.

I love your blog and love how funny and real you are!

Alisha and Braeden said...

I LOVE Red Robin steak fries they are my favorite fries!

Unknown said...

I must admit Im glad your not going private, i mean thats the whole fun in blogging, finding a blog that you get, that makes you feel like you can do and be better. and thats how I feel about yours! love you lots,

Unknown said...

sorry that last comment was from me Jennifer Miller, not spencer? What the ...

Katie James said...

I just like reading your "Titty Stories" ;)