Monday, February 22, 2010

rocken

Lily had a hard time falling asleep for her nap today.
Some times this is very frustrating. But today I took a few breaths and just tried to talk to her and see what was going on.
She tried the ol' "cereal?" (she just had lunch, so no) and "diaper" (she is dry, so no) then she tried a few other tricks up her sleeve (and no I didn't fall for them).
So then I asked: "rocken?" (rock in the rocking chair)

She agreed. I got to rock her to sleep, I hum and rock and soon enough she starts to snore.
I hope she lets me do this a little while longer.

I looked down at her sweet face before laying her in her bed and I cried.
How did this baby become a girl? People always say 'enjoy it now, cause it goes so fast", holy cow, they were not kidding.

New goal: enjoy it every day,
no matter what.


1 comment:

Megan Marie said...

good goal! i gave myself a bedtime so that i can wake up happier. i'm afraid the cranky-tired-me is missing out on my babies.