Sunday, June 27, 2010

tomales

I forgot about this picture I took a few days ago.
It reminds me how much I love Chad.
<span class=
He started donating plasma for us.
It's kinda pathetic.
But honestly, I am being grateful. We are in a very sweet, humbling, and vulnerable time in our lives right now.
And I am glad, so very glad I have him.

He came home and we had a Mexican feast in our back yard: tomales, homemade salsa (in a peach jar) beans, corn, spanish rice, and of course Mexican black death. We talked about how bright the future is and all that we have, we have so much to be happy about.
We have no need to fear.

Life is good.

Are you going though something that is trying your patience?
Are you scared, or perhaps need some more hope?
Read THIS talk.
It is so beautiful.
It has been such a sweet, comforting reminder to me.
Read it and love it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite part:

patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can—working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!

ACTIVE waiting and enduring...who knew? :) Thanks for talk, Rach. Just what I needed. You guys are awesome and I love you.

Becca said...

Love that talk! Thanks again for a look at things from an eternal perspective.

Southern Belle said...

Jeff and I donated plasma all through college to pay our rent! It was awesome! I loved the easy money. Jeff hated it, but I decided I was going to do it the rest of my life. Then we moved here and they don't have them here! My plan was ruined!! I love your positive attitude during hard times! I hope I can be as strong as you someday:) But, keep donating plasma! In my opinion it is a great way to get extra money!! I will go right back to doing it if we ever get one near us!