Friday, July 16, 2010

adventure

A lot of people say to soon-to-be-parents:

"your life is going to change SO much"
or
"You will never be the same"

Which, I have to say, in certain ways, is true.
But its all about perspective.
You should never feel like your children "tie you down".
In fact the opposite don't you think?
Photobucket
Let them open new worlds to you.
Take the adventures you always wanted to take
...just add a few wipes and binkies in with it.
Don't be selfish, share your dreams and adventures with your children!

I hummed Lily to sleep a few minutes ago on our bedroom floor.
You know, cause all the furniture is being/is sold.
And I thought about life in general, and how I want it to be exciting, and new, and to be exposed to new things and I am so happy my kids can do this with me.


{ps- dont forget, if you want a chance at getting THIS
bag, to leave a comment}

3 comments:

Jo said...

Rachel...it is SO good to see you and your little fam! Love this pic of Lily! I was so excited to hear that you guys will be joining us in NC shortly! Talk about crazy! Let us know if we can do anything to help with the move...or anything else for that matter! Can't wait to see you guys!

Jennifer (Jo) Giles

Garrett, Tashina, Breck, and Addilicious!! said...

I think this is so exciting what you guys are doing!! It must be scary, amazing, exciting all at the same time!! Have fun with your new adventure!!!

Haley said...

amen!! i need to do better at leaving the homestead for little adventures... But i couldn't agree more that having a good perspective on kids and looking for the awesome opportunities you have as a parent makes life that much better :) love. this. post. (except that i didn't see it soon enough & missed the drawing for that fab bag!)