Thursday, July 8, 2010

catch-a-man-cheesecake

it's true. That's what it's called.
My mom made it in college and BAM! My dad proposed.
That simple. Need a man? Make this cheesecake.

I have found that people more than love this, they tend to respond almost irreverently when tasting it. I have also found that people are really intimidated by cheesecakes, when really this could be no easier.

Make it, eat it, make inappropriate noises, and repeat.

(this is not the original, I modified it to my taste...and to make it bigger)
<span class=
graham cracker crust
(you MUST make it homemade, or the whole thing is ruined.)
  • 1 packaged of graham crackers smashed (I put in a zip lock back and take a rolling pin to it)
  • 1/4 c sugar
  • 1/3 c melted butter

mix the sugar and cracker crumbs together and then stir in the melted butter with a fork until evenly distributed. press into your 9 inch spring form pan (or pie pan). Bake at 350 for about five minutes (if using a glass pie pan, you can microwave for about a min). then pour in the cheese cake....

cheese cake
  • 3 packages of cream cheese, soften, and whipped up
  • 2 eggs+1 yolk
  • 1 cup sugar
  • tbsp vanilla (less if you want less vanilla-y taste)

after cream cheese is whipped smooth, add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Then add the sugar and mix well so there are no lumps. Pour into your graham crust. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, when the edges turn a golden brown that's typically when I take it out. Let it cool in the fridge for at least 5 hours, best to make it at night before bed, then have it the next day.

I tend to add homemade strawberry jam, or make a simple blueberry topping...really the possibilities are endless.
But its great plain, my mom would only eat it plain.


See, told you it was easy.
Now go! Catch a man!

2 comments:

Vashti said...

I love cheesecake, I'm going to have to try this sometime!!

Carly said...

its times like these i wonder why oh why did the Lord give me allergies to eggs & dairy? why? why? why???????