Wednesday, July 28, 2010

hike

yesterday Scotty (my bro), Niff (my sis), and Grant (sis's amigo) and I + two babies (mine) attempted to hike Oyster dome.
We got about 45 minutes in for steep switch backs and the babies (my babies) started melting.
So we had to turn back pre-maturely.
Photobucket
But it was fun/sweaty/steep while it lasted. And Grant scored major brownie point for carrying Eden in the front pack, and cooing to her and holding her, and feeding her cherrios up and down the mountain.

Whenever I hike I think of my mom and her dad, and her three brothers. They were pretty hard core. They are have some serious peeks under their belts (sorry they are big):
Photobucket

Photobucket
nice legs mom!...and uncle Jeff.

I want to start hiking more. Perhaps the AP Trail?

2 comments:

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Oh my gosh! That last picture of your uncle in those shorts is so funny! And your mom is so pretty. I always wondered what she looks like.

Jessica Kettle said...

you know it's bad news when you have to look close to see which one is your uncle and which one is your aunt. bad, bad news. =)

jeffry will for sure hear it from me this week about that one! ha!