When your DVD player doesn't work (yeah, so awesome)...
- dress appropriately: Eden refuses to be covered up while nursing so I had to be creative: big v-neck shirt, vest, sports bra, scarf, stretchy skinny jeans, flip flops. It worked out perfect, not going to say no one got a free show, cause they probably did, but for the most part it was awesome.
- bring snacks, rephrase that, LOTS of snacks.
- DVD player....unfortunately mine didnt work, but if it had, it probably would have been awesome?
- let your baby stand up on your lap, sqwak at the people behind you and in front of you
- Toys that you can play with WITH your kids
- Sit your baby on the tray if she gets sick of your lap
- Bring your toddler's car seat, that way you don't have to hold two kids down
- Use the help you paid for. If you have to pee, or change a diaper/clothes (Lily totally peed through her clothes) ask a flight attendent to watch your kids, ask to pre board, ask for help carrying stuff, ask for someone to put the car seat on for you, luckily for me I looked like traveling circus (Eden in the front pack, Lily in the back pack, a car seat, and a HUGE carry on) so people just volunteered to help.
- bottom line, if you have tried everything, and your kids wont stop freaking, and people are annoyed, too bad for them.
The flight went really well for us, no melt downs, and no one threatened to kill me or any of my kids after the 5 hours.
Now we are basically "house-sitting" for our friends
and praying to get the place we found a few days ago.
viva la gypsy life!