Friday, September 17, 2010

soak

Not to get too sappy on you all,
but babies really grow up so fast.
Photobucket
Lily is potty trained,
and has almost mastered pumping on the swing like a pro,
knows the alphabet and basically any animal.
Photobucket
Eden sleeps through the night (booyah!)
has taken her first steps,
almost weened, and is getting more and more spicy.

When did all this happen?
Honestly it makes me happy.
I love seeing the change and growth.
Makes me excited for the future,
and makes me proud for enjoying the baby times
(even the sleepless nights).

I think the reason we get sad when babies grow,
is because we didn't soak it all up while we could.
I'm trying to soak it up as much as I can,
pen on the walls and all.

7 comments:

Carly said...

i feel like its bittersweet- i feel so excited to see my kids growing and progressing and honestly they are more and more fun with each new stage... but i feel so sad too like where did that time go?! how did that happen so fast?! i've been struggling so bad with that these last few weeks! haha... post partum depression doesn't help the perspective too i guess, hopefully that blows over soon! haha :)

JD said...

I look at my kids and how they have grown. The years have gone too quickly. I loved them when they were babies, a lot of work them only being 16 months apart and one always sick. I am enjoying the age they are now. They are becoming such young adults. It is fun to talk about boys, girls and hormones. They hate but I love it! Anyway, enjoy these days cause they go so quickly.

Hugs,
Janice

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

:) adorable.

A little Birdie... said...

Love that picture with the sun coming in, and love those two girls. Thanks for the post...just what I needed.

Vashti said...

All the pictures I have seen of the new place are amazing. It looks like something out of a dream, I vote for you to give us a little "tour" of the new casa ;)

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

DITTO what Vashti said! Give us a tour, please. Your new home looks amazing!