When this girl speaks there are two options:
- Her "tickle-tickle" noise "di-di-di-di!" with a scrunched up face and smiling like a crazy girl.
Currently her four main food groups are:
- pumpkin pancakes
Apparently my love of pumpkin everything is genetic. She is obsessed with pumpkin pancakes. I toyed with THIS recipe today making it vegan, and whole wheat. Now before you stiffs stick your nose up at sound of this, try it. They are impressively good.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
mix the dry together, then the wet, then combine until just mixed.
Cook them on medium/high heat on non-stick surface, and be patient, they take a little longer than normal pancakes.
I make a batch and then stick them in baggies and they go on adventures with us...we eat a batch of pumpkin pancakes a day.
...if you are eating them actually sitting down,
try them with this:
- 1 cup brown sugar (or one cup sugar and 3 tbsp molasses)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
bring to a boil while stirring, let cool, scarf down.
Speaking of delicious,
look at her, specifically look at those legs.