Tuesday, October 5, 2010

some day I will have real polaroid...

But for now, we will deal with these fake ones.

The other night I was washing dishes and I thought it was funny how happy the smell of my dish soap makes me.
So this morning and snapped a few pictures of other little things that make me happy...
Photobucket
-walking on my quiet street with a sweater on.
-my door knobs upstairs.
Photobucket
-my brick front steps and black shutters.
-Lily saying "I loveyoutoohaveagoodday!" as Chad rode away on his bike...all with crazy bed head.
Photobucket
-the Halloween towels my friend gave us.
-the soft autumnal light that comes from my window in my room.
Photobucket
-the face Eden makes when you hold her hands and walk.
-drinking from a glass jar.
Photobucket
-rolling up cinnamon rolls with Chad.
-the apple-y smell of my soap.
Photobucket
-the little baby ivy climbing the tree right out my front door.
-the fact that I don't have a mail box, but a mail slot.


I think its really important to remember what makes us happy.
Cause doing this made me notice more and more what little things make me happy. From the way Lily crosses her legs playing with letter flash cards to wearing my moccasins.

So what little things make you happy?

(THIS song makes me happy)

4 comments:

Megan Marie said...

The way early-morning feels.

When my kids are nice to each other.

An empty spot on the calendar for the day.

Pictures.

Janell said...

Getting text pictures of my nieces and nephew :)
The smell of brewing coffee
Jason Mraz
Walking my dogs with Burkley at the end of a long day
New boots for fall
The sound of crackling leaves when you step on them
Cooking

Haley said...

I loved your list!! and your darling photos :)

- that polaroid app...i searched for it after seeing it on your blog :)

- reading your blog :)

- listen to my little boy sleep...he doesn't snore, but he breathes reeeeallly loud ;)

- cool autumn mornings perfect for warm Pero (fake coffee)

- holding hands with my better half

- baking...but mostly eating the baked goods

Unknown said...

Reading you each night before I end my day. Your joy is contagious and I am appreciative. Diane