Tuesday, December 7, 2010

morning routine

I've changed my morning routine.

I wake up with Chad (like, 4-5 am).
I unload the dishwasher, pick up whatever is laying around, 
read some scriptures, eat breakfast with Chad before he leaves,
study my self-made homework, answer emails and other stuff like that.
It's amazing the difference it has made. 
It's the few solid hours of quiet alone time that I have been needing. 
I feel so much more 'on top of it'. I have time to prepare and get excited about the girls waking up, rather than being woken up by them and not being too happy about it.

Once Lils is up we make our typical oatmeal together and then get our paint on with buzz. 
It's awesome.

I wish I would have figured this out a long time ago.
...and yes, bedtime for Chad and I is 9.

ps- I am soooo doing THIS. brilliant. The duct tape one is my favorite.

4 comments:

Tif said...

I've always loved getting up early-and always been called crazy for it! 4-6am can often be my most energizing and recharging hours of the day!

Diana Smith said...

wow you are so good, I cant get up that early!! I am glad its doing great things!!

Shay said...

Love the idea! My husband wakes up with no reason at 5:30 EVERY morning. I just may take your advice and wake up with him for once!

Andrea said...

Good for you!
It's amazing how mornings effect the whole day!
I don't go to bed at 9:00pm but I really need to start!!