Sunday, February 13, 2011

I heart polyester.

Its true. I really do. 
A while back I picked up a couple polyester master pieces at valvil (value village)... Sorry the pictures are so horrible, I never remember to check my settings prior, and most of them I took myself=not awesome. But you get the idea of what happened.
Any ways, here's the before:
 The after:
Like I said, BAD pictures. 
I shortened the length and the sleeves, took in the shoulders and changed it to a v-neck.
 I forgot to take a before picture of this one, but just imagine it to my wrists with big puffy sleeves, and to my ankles k?
Now, any one have any good tricks for dealing with static? 
The whole time at church I was just sure my dress was sliding up and peeps were getting a nice show of magenta tights+undies.
Oh what fun!

13 comments:

Miriam Lusk said...

I am seriously impressed. SO cute!

Jennifer said...

SO cute Rach!!! You make me want to sew! Do you use cling-free sheets in your dryer? (dryer sheets?) I just rub myself down with one of those once I'm dressed and it usually works, and is a good show for my husband at the same time. lol! OR another good trick if its not anything super expensive, spray hairspray on the inside of the piece of clothing! :-) Jenni H.

Meghan said...

wow Rach. these are awesome. You are inspiring me. :-)

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

love it

Kelsey said...

k, I saw that first picture and I kind of gasped at the hideousness of that dress. :) But, I am amazed at how cute it turned out! I love it. You amaze me. I am asking for a sewing machine for my b'day and I wish you lived by me to teach me some of your sweet skills.

Rach said...

Kels, next time I'm in your state, we need to set up a DI+sewing date. How rad would that be? With our powers combined we could make some sweet 'pieces'....that goes for you too Meghan!

Vashti said...

I am loving your sewing creations! One of my friends swears by wearing a slip, I have never tried it but maybe it would help with the static issue??

Carly said...

Do they still make Static Guard?? that stuff rocked- and stunk. but it was a spray and it worked. i need some...

Alisha and Braeden said...

You do such a good job! So cute! Can you be my personal seamstress?

Diana Smith said...

You look awesome!! I love how in the second dress you added a belt! It looks so chic and sexy on you!

Haley said...

how do you do what you do?? nice work Rach! both dresses are fantastic! and i love the fusia tights :)

PS - I'm with Jennifer, the cling-free dryer sheet work great (on you hair too btw, go figure!) plus if you get good smelling one's you're clothes will smell extra fresh! :)

Jessica Kettle said...

duuuuuuuude.
for reals?!
love them! can't believe your mad sewing skillz. we shall shop and sew together soon hopefully!

seamsavvy said...

Spray your slip with water, or hairspray. If your at church just sprinkle some water out of the faucet. Your the bomb! Your mom would be so thrilled! love Teri