Saturday, February 19, 2011

key lime pie

So the Christmas before I got hitched, my whole family spent the holiday in Key West.
My older sis lived there at the time and really, and it would be such a shame for her to be alone on Christmas, so we just haaaad to go visit. Rough eh?
Well, the cool thing about that place is you can basically get anything you want in key lime flavor.
Yesterday Chad bought a duffle bag full of limes at Costco, "I want to make Key Lime pie."
Well. Who's to argue with that?
He first made homemade graham crackers for the crust (I know, right? He's a stud.) 
He got the recipe for crackers HERE.

The actual pie, he got the recipe from HERE. SO easy. No joke, it's not tricky at all.
Its ridiculous. Like, I am practicing all my self control to not eat it all while Chad's working at the bike shop.
MUST SAVE FOR TONIGHT. MUST SAVE FOR TONIGHT.

Any-who, make it. You can thank me later. And you're welcome a head of time.

8 comments:

April said...

Mmmm that sounds so good. I wish we were neighbors so Chad could cook/bake for us! I may have to try this recipe out but probably won't be making the graham crackers from scratch!~
By the way I am so jealous of your nice warm weather.
April

Haley said...

okay, along with the yummy cake is the picture...i am in love with your earrings, your fab dress, and your hair!! (I'm going to try to do the milk maid braids tonight. yay!) Thanks for the recipe Rach! And it's green just in time for St. Patty's day :)

Celeste said...

I may have to borrow your husband. Who makes their own graham crackers? From scratch?
Oh and I love your face.

Krista & Tyler said...

Loving the braids, the new poly-dress, and of course, Chad's ability to chef-it-up!

Kate said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my photo blog! I found you through your cousin Jessica's blog last week and thought your posts were thoroughly entertaining. Not sure if you remember me, but I used to babysit Jess & her sibs, and now and then I even babysat you! It was so fun to come across your blog last week - you've grown up into such a fun lady with some serious creativity! And to answer your questions - I'm in NYC because my husband is in grad school at Columbia, and YES, I am 100% in love with this place. Hope you don't mind that I linked to your blog! Looking forward to keeping up on your awesome ideas & adventures. Take care!
p.s. I am totally craving homemade key lime pie now. Mmmmm.

AMY said...

OH YUM!!!
I definitely want to make this. I love Key Lime pie.
Your blog is GREAT...Love all the pictures.
I'm a new follower.
Amy's Life @
www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

k said...

i haaaate when we have amazing things here to eat and i have to sit here during the day and practice self restraint!!! i feel ya!

Alisha and Braeden said...

You are gorgeous! Yea the pie looks really good, but you look better :)