Tuesday, March 8, 2011

typical tuesday: Haley Kjar

Today we have my sweet friend Haley as our typical tuesday! I've known Haley for several years now, I was trying to remember how we became friends and she was dating a friend of mine at BYU-Idaho and so we got to hang out often. Things I know about Haley: She has great arms, she has a crush on Jack Black, she is so in love with her son and hubs, and she can totally pull of red lipstick.
Take it away Haley!
Hi there...come along for my oh-so typical Tuesday won't you?
(hope you like phone pics, cause there's lots of 'em;)
From January to May this year, my Tuesdays [and Thursdays] have me getting up while my sweetheart & son are still in dream land...and I head out the door around by 6:30am (if I don't forget something, 3 times, which I usually do) to get to my 7:00am class. My last one to get my AS in Communications :)

Adam (husband) is so sweet and goes solo on the morning routine with Brooks (our 11-month old son): 1 Bottle...1 diaper...2 bowls of oatmeal (one for each of them)...then whisks Brooks away to our good friend, Penny, who watches him while Adam heads to the gym & then off to work. All while I am at class & then at the library so I can be in-the-zone with no distractions to get homework & studying done).
Today I got back just in time to pick Brooks up and bring him home for nap time :) After taking off this tired boy's sweater, I see that today Daddy put this shirt on him when he dressed him this morning... ;)

While the little man's asleep I do dishes from the night before [a little too typical]...and then treat myself to a little blogging :)
Brooks wakes up, smiley & hungry...

Today's [very typical] lunch menu:
Leftover's from dinner last night...chicken-zucchini-squash-mozzarella-parm pasta
...can you tell which bowl is Brooks' and which bowl is mine?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

And for a little something sweet: peaches...sliced & diced.

When he's done he wriggles around and stands up in his highchair...we're working on that...

After changing him out of his hot-mom shirt, it's play time! He LOVES pushing his Tonka truck SIDEWAYS around the ottoman, shuffling his little feet faster and faster every day. :)

Lots of giggles...and a few books...

Next: grocery run.
The picture above is of the gorgeous Utah mountains we live by...quite the site.
It's sunny enough to wear sunglasses, and I am walking into Costco with my boy...I'm a happy girl :)

Samples. New PJ's. Fresh produce...plus greek yogurt, Dave's Killer Bread, & pot stickers.
I love me some Costco.

Nap number 2 begins on our drive home...

I throw in a load of laundry (probably needs to be a little more typical) and then get my craft on and spray paint some glass soda bottles for some pretty flower vases.


Brooks wakes up and he's ready for an early dinner.
"Some for me...some for you..." I love my sharing boy.

Adam get's home!!!!
He gets some I-missed-you-all-day-long kisses from me, and sweet my-daddy-is-the-best hugs from Brooks.

My boys play chase while I get dinner ready...

Dinner menu:
leftovers (yep, same as lunch) and these yummy salads
(fresh greens, strawberries, havarti cheese, & sliced almonds)

*nom nom nom*

Adam has church leadership meetings on Tuesday nights...so after dinner it's Brooks & I for tub time. Check out all his do's. (top to bottom: mohawk, Einstein, Alfalfa)

After getting all lotioned-up, and getting his belly full, it's tickle time!!

Then some good reads...it's so cute, he's been a lot more interested in books lately. I love it.

Good night sweet boy...

Adam gets home and there's a huge snuggle-fest that goes down. Then we brush our pearly whites and swish, swish, swish with good ol' Scope. *aaahh* Minty fresh :)

And as we lay in bed we read together, either our scriptures or the Ensign. Tonight it's "The Power of Early Preparation"...an awesome article I plan to reread again very soon. You can read it here if you'd like :)

Rachel thank you SO much letting me take up some space on your lovely blog with my little fam's typical Tuesday happenings :) I had fun!
PS - did you notice my milkmaid braids?? yea, that was in honor of you :)

Make sure to hit up Haley's adorable blog! Thanks so much Haley!
Wanna share a Typical Tuesday with us? Jut email me k?

11 comments:

Janice said...

she's adorable. I know her mom and her aunt and I think I took her home from EFY once upon a time:) Cute girl and family, just like you.

Diana Smith said...

What a cute day!! They are such a cute couple, she is gorgeous!! I loved reading this!

Brooke T said...

This was so cute and an amazing post! I love reading what everyone's schedule is with kids :)

Lauren Byers said...

oh what a beautiful life!! what a fun filled day :)

Lauren Byers said...

oh what a beautiful life!! what a fun filled day :)

Unknown said...

so stinkin cute. that little guy is delish! and dang that salad looked so good, i just may have to add that to the menu tomorrow. i LOVED the thumbs up at the empty sink. darling family. thanks for sharing and the smile :>

madison kate said...

this is probably one of the greatest posts out there. really.

i so so enjoyed it!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Hi Rachel! I'm new to your blog (came over from Haley's!) and I love it! Mind if I stick around for a while?
How wonderful of you to feature one of my very favorite bloggers! Isn't her family just the cutest one around! :)

--Haley! The braids look so lovely on you! And your post here made me SMILE BIG as always. :D

Jessica Kettle said...

how sweet is this? haley is so gorg and such a cute mom! loving the typical tuesdays rach!

Pia said...

Oh, I love Haley and her blog! She is always so happy and inspiring! :)

Eva Marie said...

Hoped on over from Haley's - love the space..

Haley your day was wonderful and done so sweetly (as if Id expect anything less). Your amazing and I admire the women you are - truly!