Monday, March 7, 2011

productive monday

Today has been a very productive day. I checked everything off my to-do list, go me!
My lovely sister (Janell) is getting hitched in about a month, and she is letting me make the hair pretties, here's one that I made today:
I have never worked with feathers before, a tad bit more tricky than felt, and by a tad, I really mean a lot.
But I think it turned out well.

I also went to Value Village and not only did I find some rad new projects, but two perfect dresses, and some great boots, and a wool blazer that was made for me too. I'll show you laters. Oh, and I totally found my bridesmaid dress. No joke. Perfect color, perfect fit, and very very pretty. I'm not kidding when I say that the Value Village gods smiled upon me today.

Another random note, I decided I am musical runner. I  have pandora going on my head set and I hold my hands like I am holding drum sticks and air drum like crazy, I also head sway and snap a lot. The other day I was in my own little world and then looked up at a porch full of about 10-15 men staring/laughing at me. I just smiled, and continued on my snapping/drumming routine. I'm pretty sure I heard "Thatsa craaaazy white girl." Amen brother. Amen.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

YEAH!!!! I am so happy that you found a dress!!! I think if I was a runner I would be a music runner too.

P.s... its a girl!

Celeste said...

WHAT?!? Is Brittany pregnant?!?!? I'm kinda freaking out with excitement right now. And a girl?!?!? GAH! That is going to be the most beautiful baby on God's green earth!!
Anyway I love that I found that out in the comments on your blog. Sheesh.
Back to the matter at hand.
I just grew by leaps and bounds in love for you. I am a shameless air guitar player/drummer whist exercising. Even in Zumba class, I kinda rock out to the point of embarrassment. Everyone is embarrassed for me, yet I remain nonpulsed.
What music are you going nuts to on these runs of yers?

Haley said...

sounds like a stellar monday Rach! way to go on checking off the to-do list :) and that feather hair clip is gorgeous!! tutorial? pretty please?? :) I'm excited to see the rest! you have a lucky sister :)

And sounds like Mission Value Village: Accomplished ;) I miss value village! (grew up with that place...thank goodness for DI's in utah;) If you come and we get together we'll have to do lunch AND a thrifting trip too :) Excited to see your finds and the projects you're doing!

Diana Smith said...

Those feathers are pretty!! Where is she getting married?? fun!