Tuesday, March 15, 2011

typical tuesday: Megan Riley of The Polished Pickle

My dear friend Megan is our typical tuesday guest today.
She will always have a special place in my heart. I met Megan over a year ago. Her husband was in the midst of tax season (an accountant) my husband was in his last year of getting his MBA. We were single moms basically, struggling, in dreary NW weather,  both dealing with post-pardum blues and I am so grateful I had her then. We knew what if felt like to question our sanity daily, I remember asking "it is normal to feel like....." like a million times, she is wise beyond her years I tell ya. 
Megan has a wonderful, insightful, and inspiring blog. Check it out.

Anywho, here's a peek into her typical tuesday!
morning scenes, downstairs and up.
Puzzle and play.

Breakfast with bed head.
Sewing then shower.
Time-outs and tense hugs.
I shred the chicken.
They shred the house.
Grandpa comes to the rescue.
My music, my country drive, my moment of sanity.
Husband is home. Family walk to the church, food, craziness.
Cub scouts.

Husband goes back to work. I feel slightly nuts until I can't keep my eyes open anymore.
Begin again.

Thanks Megan, you are the best.
Do you have a typical tuesday you want to share with us? Email me k?

3 comments:

team cowan said...

I just love Megan. Isn't she adorable?
Also, I saw that you live in Charlotte?? I grew up in Charlotte - spent my first 20 years there. I saw a picture of you in front of the church, and that's the building my parents and brother's family go to. Do you know the Siggs? My dad is the new patriarch. And is it Sabrina that took the wedding dress pictures? Funny. Anyways, I love Charlotte, if you couldn't tell. And I love your cute blog.

Unknown said...

what a darling family? my favorite is the time outs and tense hugs. those should be framed and hung by the time out area :> just super darling family and i'm pretty sure she has super powers...darling house, family and pictures....home run.

paddle to shore said...

aw. really cute pictures!