Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a bit of a ramble, i guess

I love when the world cup is going on. 
I always get emotional, same with the Olympics. It's actually comical.
We watched the Brazil vs Australia (thought of you Erin!) game today, I was really hoping the Aussies would hold out, but unfortunately lost. 

It was the perfect distraction that I needed with all this uncertainty going on in our life right now. 
Tomorrow, *supposedly* we should find out if Chad gets offered the job. We have been praying our guts out for this. Thinking about it all the time. Talking about it all the time.  
If the answer is no, we will be moving back to WA to live with Chad's parents. I really don't want to move to Washington. Don't get me wrong, being by family and old friends would be great! I want to live in our own place, with our own stuff, in our own space. I don't want to go back to the rain. I want stability, I want there to be a job we can depend on, actually save some real money and continue being the tight-wads that we are. 
BUT.
I know, truly know, that everything happens for a reason. If we are supposed to be in Washington, then that's where we will be. I guess I just have to be ok with that. Its hard being ok with unknowns and things you don't necessarily want. But that's part of life isn't it? Another thing I know is that stressing, worrying, and dwelling on things you have no control over, well, stressing over anything, does no good. At all.  It's hard to be positive all the time. But, when I focus on all the good going for us, it's easier:

  • We have a awesome marriage. Not just saying that. We are a good team.
  • My girls are healthy, and happy, and are my dreams come true.
  • The baby in my tummy kicking the laptop I am typing on right now.
  • Our wonderful families who we love so much.
  • The friends we have made that really do care.
  • The fact I can still button my pants (!!!!).
  • And the little promptings and whispers I get when I am still enough to listen, that it will be ok.

So, stay tuned I guess. 

7 comments:

Southern Belle said...

I just said a little prayer for you:) I am said Georgia didn't work out:( Hopefully Arkansas will!!! Good luck with everything- and you do have some cute girls who Cheyenne still talks about!

Andrea said...

Unknowns are hard. It's also hard when prayers aren't answered the way we want. I can relate to much of this post.
You are awesome. I hope/pray it all works out for you guys.

Carly said...

The unknown can be so overwhelming to me. These last few months have been hard on our family, but your posts always help me see the RIGHT perspective. I am praying for you guys!!
i read this talk earlier this week and it just really helped me out- it wasn't directly related to our situation right now and it probably isn't to you either but there were some seriously helpful things in it and i just wanted to share it with ya and i hope you get a chance to read it.

http://lds.org/ensign/1987/05/keeping-lifes-demands-in-balance?lang=eng&query=balance

Shani said...

Good luck! I will say a prayer for your family. I hope you don't have to come back to the rain here, but if you do, maybe someday we will run into each other in the 'ham. I get really get sick of the rain too...I wish I could move back to California but sadly, it's not in the cards.

Emma said...

Can't wait to find out....good luck you guys! Sending prayers.

millicancan@gmail.com said...

I love you all very much. And totally get wanting your own space. Rachel, You are such an amazing influence on all of us who think our lives are tough. I am so proud of your strength and love of God. You have showed me kindness and concern unconditionally. I wonder if you know how many times I read your blog before bed because I always feel better. I just love you and appreciate, so very much, the endless joy you send out to the world. Your words touch our lives. I just wanted you to know that. You help so many of us put our own situations into more positive perspectives and realize that we also have much to appreciate. I so very much want you to have security and stability. Please God.

Megan Marie said...

your trials could kick my trials' butts right now, but I whine way more than you.

can i please be more like you? please?

thank you for being so positive and inspirational.

we're thinking about you like crazy.