Wednesday, July 20, 2011

prep

I was reflecting the other day about things I could go back 
and prepare my previously pregnant self for...
With Lily I would have said: You are insane. You are taking 21 too many credits (not exaggerating) your internship could go, and you don't need to work either. But you will graduate! Just in time! Enter your new tigress body i.e. stretch marks every.where. Welcome a boob explosion, how they get so big is a mystery to us all. Your labor will be horrible- don't induce! Silly girl. Be prepared cause your epidural ain't going to work, you will break your tailbone while pushing your baby out after 24 hours and you will, how do I say gently? Tare a whole freaking lot. Yikes. Your recovery will be long and you will gain a lot of weight. Adjusting to having a baby will be hard. Nursing lasts all of 4 months. But I will tell you this Rachel-almost-four-years-ago, she is sooooo worth it. And you become a better you because of it. She is so worth it in fact, you should make another one...and rather quickly.

With Eden, I would say, calm down. You are way too stressed over everything. Don't ever make that split pea soup, it will scar you for life. Sleep as much as you can cause really, that's the only thing that will help your little buzzing mind. You worry so much about being able to handle two kids, don't. Lily will adjust wonderfully to having a sister. Oh and labor? She comes a few days late and it's basically a dream come true, actually, it was fun! Breast feeding, well, get used to it cause she loves it and does it for a whole stink'n year. She is so sweet and squishy and blond (??!!). Not to say you wont have melt-downs or have hard times, but once again, it's wonderful, you turn out for the better and your little babies are so dang cute.

With this one, Baby June,  you were scared about ever having a third, cause you love having the two girls and doing everything together. You don't want to "mess with" what a good thing you have going on. Surprise! It will take a long time to really "get" that your are pregnant, it won't feel real,  despite the whole morning sickness (aka all day sickness) for a long time. Your life will go through a lot change in the course of the first and second trimester - hello Arkansas! But it will all work out perfectly, just like you knew it would.

And now here I am. I'm over half way, I wonder what I would prepare my pregnant self for now? I know what the bottom line will be, she will be so worth what ever is tough, and we will all be better for it. So excited to meet this little one, but I'm also in no hurry. Take your time baby June, stay nice and toasty and hope you enjoy the three bowls of Neapolitan I ate just for you yesterday. 

9 comments:

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

This is so cute, Rach. And I LOVE that picture of you. Cute dress.

Diana Smith said...

geeez girl sounds like your first was a pretty hard pregnancy! I am there with you though, only I am just having my second. We find out next week what we are having, cannot wait!!

Haley said...

Rachel. you are awesome. I love your perspective and outlook on life. Reading about your past experiences with pregnancy and having your 2 sweet girlies inspires me...you learned from the hard times that it's all worth it. and i can tell you're stronger for it. your 3rd musketeer-ette is going to be just as sweet as your other 2, i have no doubt!!! you sure do make cute ones that's for sure :)

and now i want icecream. bad :)

Brandon and Jennifer said...

Rachel... I love this. And being on the second... I too worry about having more than one. And your post have given me a little ray of hope that YES it WILL all work out and be WORTH it and we will ALL BE BETTER BECAUSE OF IT. Thank you... I REALLLY needed this today. Melt down city over here.

Krista & Tyler said...

I think this may be my favorite post yet. Thanks for sharing this. I loved it.

Andrea said...

Stinkin' cute baby bump & dress!
This is a really sweet post. I love your honesty and perspective.
I think you hit it on the nose; it's always tough but it's always worth it!

Kimia Kline said...

omg you broke your tail bone from pushing!? lord have mercy. women are such freaking rockstars. i hope someday i am brave enough to be a mom.

Tabitha said...

To quote my beautiful little girl... This made my heart smile! Truly made my heart smile. Thank you for sharing all that you share with us!

Megan Marie said...

best pregnancy post ever!