Thursday, July 5, 2012

our 4th

Our 4th of July was rather super really low-key.
The girls are getting over being sick, thanks a lot roseola virus.
So we stayed inside all day. 
Watched movies, played in the toy room, made some art work.
We did have a little party though, we do this every year, in honor of my mom. Her birthday was the 4th of July, which was quite fitting if you knew her personality. We made a red velvet cake with blue and white frosting. We told storied about my mom and talked about how thankful we are that our family is forever and we will be with her again in heaven.

my favorite line from lily: 
"when I go to heaven can we have cake with Jesus and your momma?"

I said heck yes, it's going to be a party!

We put the big girls down while it was still light outside, and then Chad, Maggie and I sat on the trampoline and watched the local (pretty dang impressive!) fire work show form our back yard, it was so close the music that played along with it was echoing off out house so we had music, fire works, and the full moon all from our trampoline. Can't wait for next year!

God Bless America!

1 comment:

Janell said...

HAHA LOVE THIS! What a fun party that'll be. :)